If the client has a pharmacy listed in their Care Team the client’s pharmacy with fax number will automatically print directly on the prescription.
This is especially useful for prescriptions that are faxed to the pharmacy instead of being given to the client.
Add a Pharmacy (Supplier) in the client’s Care Team
1. Click on Care Team in the Medical Record
2. Find Pharmacy (Supplier) – Preferred and/or Pharmacy - Alternate
Preferred Pharmacy is for Oral meds - this is where the client prefers to pickup their prescriptions
Alternate Pharmacy is for IM Psych meds (if different from Preferred Pharmacy)
3. Type the name of the pharmacy into the Name column.
Note: If the pharmacy is entered in our system, it will populate automatically. If it doesn’t populate, contact your clinic’s Super User to enter it in our system. Once it has been entered by the super user, you will be able to enter it in the Name column.
Print the Preferred Pharmacy (Supplier) on the Prescription
- When the client’s Pharmacy has been entered into the Care Team, it will show as Supplier in the lower right corner of the Scripts module.
- When the prescription is printed, the pharmacy name and fax number will show on the printed form.
Tip! The default Supplier is the Preferred Pharmacy, however, Alternate and Methadone Pharmacy will also show in the dropdown if they have been entered in the Care Team list. Select the appropriate pharmacy that you would like to print on the prescription depending on the type of prescription:
See below to view example how Preferred Pharmacy (Supplier) shows on the Prescription:
Print the Alternate Pharmacy (Supplier) on the Prescription
If you want the client’s Alternate Pharmacy (Supplier) to appear on the prescription (rather than the Preferred Supplier):
1. Click on the Supplier dropdown
2. Select Client Alt: Pharmacy in the dropdown
If you don’t want any pharmacy to be printed on the prescription, select the blank line in the dropdown list: